ASM Global is a leader in environmental sustainability. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and driving business value. We believe that our broad venue network and deep guest engagement uniquely position us to raise public awareness about environmental sustainability issues. Our goal is to serve as an industry leader in environmental program implementation and stewardship through a partnership with our guests, team members, partners and communities.
Today, ASM Global venues around the world track monthly environmental performance metrics related to Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Water Consumption and Waste Reduction via the AEG 1Earth program.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
The Brisbane Entertainment Centre is committed to reducing our environmental impact. We do so through ongoing efforts to save energy and water, recycle, purchase environmentally preferable products and help raise awareness of environmental issues. We are proud to participate in AEG 1EARTH, AEG’s corporate environmental sustainability program. Through AEG 1EARTH we;
- Exchange environmental best practices with other venues
- Track environmental performance on a monthly basis measuring energy consumption, water usage & waste diversion
- Contribute to AEG’s progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals
To learn more about AEG’s sustainability efforts and progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals, please visit the AEG 1EARTH website and read AEG’s Sustainability Report.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
We’re doing our best to reduce our environmental impact and hope you will join us in our efforts. Here are a few tips to make your visit to Brisbane Entertainment Centre more environmentally friendly;
- Consider taking public transport or carpooling to avoid traffic, save on petrol and parking and reduce your carbon footprint.
For information regarding public transport, click here
- Help us increase our recycling rate by placing all waste and recyclables into designated bins. If you are unsure where to put something, please ask one of our staff members
- Turn off water taps when you are finished. Please let our staff know if you spot any leaks
- Use only as many disposable items (e.g. paper towels, serviettes, utensils) as you need.